Experienced Divorce Lawyer

Douglas County · Sarpy County · Saunders County · Cass County · Washington County

At the Law Offices of Willow T. Head, P.C., L.L.O. we handle every type of divorce, from straight forward matters to complex cases. We work closely with our clients, listening to their concerns and providing the personal service they need to get through these difficult times. While there are no real winners in a divorce, an experienced attorney can help you weather the storm and emerge in as strong a position as possible.

If you are going through a divorce, you need an experienced family law attorney to provide you with honest answers about your options. To discuss your legal needs with a dedicated attorney, contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Our firm assists clients in the Omaha, Nebraska, area with a broad range of contested and uncontested divorce issues, including:

  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Spousal support and alimony
  • Property division
  • Parental relocation
  • Business valuation
  • Tax matters

What You Can Expect

The process for a divorce, on average, takes between eight to ten months. The minimum a divorce can take is 60 days from the date of service of your spouse. Our firm provides clients with a packet to complete which includes all the information you will need for a successful divorce.

We work closely with clients the entire way, walking them through the process and being honest about their best options. You may not like everything we say, but we will not give you false hopes or expectations. It is important to us that we not waste your resources fighting issues we know are not likely attainable in court.

If you are getting divorced, you can expect to appear in court. The court handles the following areas:

  • The marriage contract between husband and wife
  • Spousal Support
  • Equitable distribution of property
  • Issues pertaining to children

If we cannot settle issues with your spouse with the assistance of counsel regarding the areas listed above prior to your divorce, the court will make the determinations for you.

Custody & Visitation

Nebraska Parenting Plan Attorney

At the Law Offices of Willow T. Head, P.C., L.L.O. we are dedicated to helping people in the Omaha, Nebraska, area resolve their child custody and parenting time issues. Because these issues can be complicated and overwhelming for people, our firm focuses on listening closely to the concerns of our clients. From parenting plans to modifications, you can count on us to always do what is right for your children.

Do the right thing for your children. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with an experienced child custody attorney.

Mandatory Mediation

In Nebraska, there is a mandatory mediation process for custody and parenting time disputes that requires participation in a parenting class. After completion of the class, mediation will be required with a court appointed mediator to assist both parties in discussing their concerns. If the parties are unable to reach an agreement through mediation, unresolved issues regarding custody and parenting time will either be negotiated by attorneys or ultimately decided by the court.


At any time after the dissolution or paternity order, custody and parenting time agreements can be modified until such time as the child reaches the age of majority. The age of majority in Nebraska is 19. In order to change an existing order, a party has to demonstrate a material change of circumstance that has occurred that was not anticipated at the time of the entry of the original order.

Our firm has extensive experience with these matters and will ensure that your interests are protected.

Removal and Relocation

When one parent wants to move out of state with a child, that parent must first obtain permission from the court. If a move is approved, the parenting schedule will need to be modified. Child support may also be reviewed. These issues can be very contentious and complicated, making it very important to work with an experienced attorney.

Ultimately, the court will make a decision based on the purpose of the relocation and on the best interests of your children. Its decision will be based on what will maintain a stable lifestyle for the child. These battles can be long, emotionally draining and expensive. A skilled family law attorney can guide you through the process as efficiently as possible. Contact us today to discuss your custody needs with a lawyer.

Child Support

Nebraska Modification Attorney

One question parents may have after a divorce is how much child support will be paid. Our Omaha, Nebraska, firm has extensive experience in these matters and is dedicated to ensuring that child support agreements are in the best interests of our clients and their children. You can trust us to listen to your concerns and ensure your rights are protected.

Discuss your child support needs with an experienced attorney. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

At the Law Offices of Willow T. Head, we handle a broad range of child support issues related to:

  • Divorce
  • Modifications
  • Enforcement
  • Paternity actions
  • Stepparents
  • Unmarried couples

Ensuring Your Interests are Protected

While basic child support guidelines are set by state statute, child support cases are not always as straightforward as one would expect. Judges view child support as a right of the child, something that cannot be waived or negotiated. If a court approves a deviation from statutory guidelines, a justification must be provided within the decree itself.

Determining someone’s income for child support purposes can be complicated. There are a number of factors that judges take into consideration, including:

  • Regular income
  • Fluctuating income
  • Sources of income
  • Health insurance
  • Overtime pay
  • Tax exemptions

Child Support Modification

In order for child support to be modified, a party must petition the court and demonstrate a material change of circumstances. There is a presumed material change of circumstance if the change in child support amount is 10 percent or greater and has existed for a period of three months and can expect to continue to last a period of nine months longer. If you believe your circumstances require your child support payments to be modified, you need a skilled attorney to counsel you about your options. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Alimony / Spousal Support

The court may award alimony. It is purely discretionary with the judge. Therefore it is important to have experience with prior rulings from the judge to help guide you through the process. Factors the court considers include circumstances of the parties, duration of the marriage, a history of the contributions to the marriage by each party, including contributions to the care and education of the children, and interruption of personal careers or educational opportunities, and the ability of the supported party to engage in gainful employment without interfering with the interests of any minor children in the custody of such party. The standard the court applies is one of reasonableness. If the judge awards alimony, the court will also determine the length of time. If you do not receive alimony in the original dissolution action, you are precluded from asking for it in the future.

Division of Property

Nebraska is an equitable distribution state, which means that marital assets and debt are distributed based on the equities of the situation. Having an experienced attorney dedicated to protecting your interests can help ensure that you receive a fair deal.

To discuss your divorce concerns with an attorney, contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Send a Message

Our team is ready to help you take the first step

You can generally expect a response within two business days.