Law Office of Willow T. Head | Child Support
Call 402-502-1501
Practice Areas

Child Support

Nebraska Modification Attorney

One question parents may have after a divorce is how much child support will be paid to the custodial parent. Our Omaha, Nebraska, firm has extensive experience in these matters and is dedicated to ensuring that child support agreements are in the best interests of our clients and their children. You can trust us to listen to your concerns and ensure your rights are protected.

Discuss your child support needs with an experienced attorney. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

At the Law Offices of Willow T. Head, we handle a broad range of child support issues related to:
  • Divorce
  • Modifications
  • Enforcement
  • Paternity actions
  • Stepparents
  • Unmarried couples
Ensuring Your Interests are Protected

While basic child support guidelines are set by state statute, child support cases are not always as straightforward as one would expect. Judges view child support as a right of the child, something that cannot be waived or negotiated. If a court approves a deviation from statutory guidelines, a justification must be provided within the decree itself.

Determining someone's income for child support purposes can be complicated. There are a number of factors that judges take into consideration, including:
  • Regular income
  • Fluctuating income
  • Sources of income
  • Health insurance
  • Overtime pay
  • Tax exemptions
Child Support Modification

In order for child support to be modified, a party must petition the court and demonstrate a substantial change of circumstances regarding one party's income, usually presumed if the change in child support amount is 10 percent or greater and can expect to last a period of nine months. If you believe your circumstances require your child support payments to be modified, you need a skilled attorney to counsel you about your options. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.